Crimes motivated by prejudice – online meeting
Usually we are excited about living in a new place, but sometimes we have to face situations that are not pleasant. It is more difficult in a foreign country we do not know. We may have doubts about what to do in a difficult situation and where to seek help. This is why Welcome Point would like to invite you to the next online meeting on crimes motivated by prejudice, which will be led by The Association for Legal Intervention.
Programme of the meeting:
1. Presentation (approx. 45 min)
- what kinds of behavior are bias crimes
- when is the Police obliged to act?
- I fell victim to a crime – and what next?
- my rights and obligations as a victim
2. Practical exercise on descriptions of specific behaviors: is this a crime? (20 min)
3. Questions from participants (25 min)
The meeting in English will be held on 17th November at 1.30 pm. To participate, please register here.
Application deadline: 12th November 2020.