Application and Qualification procedure to participate
in the Erasmus+ student exchange (study abroad) program 2021-2022
The Erasmus+ program allows you to study at another European University and receive a scholarship to cover part of the cost of living abroad. You can choose from the list of partner Universities with whom the Faculty of Psychology has an Erasmus+ agreement; scroll down for the list of our partners. The length of time you can study abroad depends on the University, and is either a semester or an entire academic year (see the list below). There will be online information meetings for all who are interested to go on Erasmus on Monday February 22 2021 at 15:20 and again the same day at 17:00. The link to the meeting will be communicated by email.
Who can apply?
Students in years 2 – 4.
How to apply?
In order to apply you need to:
- Apply by filling in the following online form: https://forms.gle/7SAvUMRvxJM2k81t9
The deadline for completing the application is Wednesday March 3rd 2021
- Participate in a qualification interview
Interviews will take place online during the second week of the spring semester (March 8-12 2021) and will last 10 minutes.
- Qualification interview: applicants will be asked about their motivations to apply to the Erasmus+ program and their University of choice. Applicants will receive a score on the basis of the interview. Interview scores below 50% result in immediate failure to qualify.
- GPA (grade point average); the average score of a student, as calculated by USOS on March 4 2021. The minimum grade average required to receive an Erasmus+ scholarship is 3.49. Applicants with a lower GPA can participate in Erasmus+, but without scholarship.
- GPA and interview scores are equally important and will be added together to give a final qualification score. Qualifications of applicants is decided on the basis of the order of qualification scores. (NB: candidates apply and qualify for a chosen University, not for participation in the Erasmus+ program in general – see also below in “qualification procedure” for details. Having an interview score above 50% is a requirement for qualification).
- All candidates need to show proof of language proficiency at the required level in the language in which they will follow courses (WISP and Cognitive Science students are exempted from the English language requirement). To fulfill the language requirement, official certificates are accepted (for example TOEFL and IELTS for English, Goethe and TELC for German, DELE and TELC for Spanish, but there are many more). Also a language exam passed at the University of Warsaw is acceptable. Having passed matura with a score of at least 60% in a language at advanced level is counted as B2 level.
In case an applicant possesses a good conversational level of proficiency at the time of the interview, but not yet B2, the applicant can be conditionally qualified, but must present proof of sufficient proficiency before the exchange period starts. Non-conditionally qualified applicants have priority over conditionally qualified candidates, irrespective of qualification score.
- Applicants who have not participated in the Erasmus+ program before have priority over those who already have been “on Erasmus”, irrespective of qualification score.
- On the day of March 3rd 2021 the applicant is allowed to have no more than one conditional pass.
Criteria that have to be fulfilled at the moment the Erasmus exchange starts:
- You should have passed the academic year preceding your Erasmus = no conditional passes. In specific cases having one conditional pass may be acceptable. Having two or more conditional passes, or repeating the year, will result in cancelling of your Erasmus.
- Students writing their empirical paper or master thesis during their Erasmus exchange have to hand in a consent-form signed by their supervisor, i.e. your supervisor has to agree to work on distance.
- Confirmed language proficiency, in case the candidate was conditionally qualified on the basis of the language requirement.
All eligible applicants who have send in the application form on time will be invited to a qualification interview. Interviews will take place during the second week of the spring semester. Candidates will be sent a link so they can select their preferred time slot for their interview.
The interview will be conducted by a qualification committee composed of the Faculty’s Erasmus+ coordinator, an academic teacher and a student representative. All committee members assess a candidate’s motivation; the candidate’s score will be the simple average of the three commission members. The questions being asked will refer to the candidate’s motivation to participate in the Erasmus+ program in general, and her/his choice of University.
If you did not qualify for the University of your choice, you can still qualify for another University at which there are still free places. A “second round” of qualification will be organized for those who did not qualify for the university of their first choice, so that as many people wanting to go on Erasmus, will have the chance to.
Please note that the budget for the Erasmus program has not yet been established (for the entire EU). As a result, if you will be qualified, the formal status of your qualification is that you are a “candidate” for a place on Erasmus. What this means is that you are formally qualified for a place by the faculty of psychology, but that the allocation of scholarship will only happen once the EU budget for Erasmus has been finalized. This is foreseen to happen by June 2021.
Students have the right to appeal against the decision of the committee, in first instance to the Dean, and in second instance to the vice-rector for student affairs and quality of education, whose decision will be final. The appeal can be made through the body which has issued the decision, within a period of 14 days.
Full information about rules, regulations and procedures concerning Erasmus can be found at: http://bwz.uw.edu.pl/dla-studentow-i-doktorantow-studia-2021-2022/
This information has been published on February 18 2021.