- It is time to complete the course evaluation surveys. The surveys will be active till 18 June 2023. You will find them in USOSweb: Go to Student’s section, choose Surveys, and then choose the survey matching the given classes. In USOS UW mobile app: In the main menu, choose Surveys, and then choose the survey matching the given classes.
- Schedule of language certificate exams & registration for the revision courses is available here
- Detailed organization of registration for WISP classes in the academic year 2023/2024 is available here
- U.S. President Joe Biden’s visit to Warsaw – transport alert: Tuesday, Wednesday – 21-22 February. Details here
- Free online Spanish course, Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana, Mexico is organizing a free three-week Spanish language course! More info here
- WISP Course Offer for Summer Semester 2022/2023 here
- from February 10 to March 7, 2023, it will be possible to link to the programme courses taken in the summer semester 2022/2023. This will apply to e.g. foreign language courses if the student continues language classes started in the winter semester.
- The minister’s scholarship – academic year 2022/2023, application deadline – October 12, 2022. More details here
- Applying for a dormitory place in the academic year 2022/2023. More info here
- According to the decision of prof. Alojzy Z. Nowak, Rector of the University of Warsaw, October 3, 2022 is a day off from didactic classes except for Recruitment and Selection, Cross-cultural Neuropsychological Assessment and Group Dynamics. These 3 courses will take place on October 3 according to the schedule.
- Office hours for the students during summer are available at Contact section
- Detailed organization of registration for classes in the academic year 2022/2023 is available at Registering for courses section
- The time for choosing an empirical paper tutor/masters supervisor stretches from 30.05.2022 to 30.09.2022. In order to sign up to a specific tutor’s group you need to attend tutor days which will be held between 30.05.2022 and 05.06.2022. The list of Empirical and Masters Tutors for the academic year 2022/2023 is available here
- University-wide survey for students’ opinions about the studies, administration services, their attachment and commitment with the UW etc. More details here
- The office hours were updated last week, please check the details here
- SPSS/AMOS; Statistica; Qualtrics -in order to receive access to appropriate software please write an email to email@example.com from your official UW address (eg. @student.uw.edu.pl) and paste the appropriate text into your email adding your details. More info here
- From 7 to 8 October 2022, at 8:00 p.m. – 2:00 a.m. there may be interruptions in the functioning of the mObywat system, including problems with transmitting data and downloading documents such as mLegitymacja. The break does not affect the functionality of presenting documents and offline verification.
- On August 3, 2022 from 14:00 – 22:00 USOS and related applications (eg USOSweb, USOSadm Java, APD, EVA, Ankieter) will be updated to version 6.8.0. There may be interruptions in access to USOS and its applications during that time.
- your student ID needs to be extended for another six months (until October 31, 2023). If you have not done it so far, please visit the WISP office to get a new sticker.
- The payment deadline for the 2nd installment (in case you pay the tuition fee in 2 installments) is 1 February. Do not miss this date!
- According to the Polish law, every student from outside the European Union should have a correspondence address in Poland. If you have not provided an address in Poland, please send this information to the WISP office.
- The deadline for payments for repeating courses in the winter semester 2022/2023 and for additional payments (e.g. for failed courses) is October 29, 2022. Do not forget to make a transfer on time.
- It’s time to extend your student ID for another six months (until March 31, 2023). If you have not done it so far, you need to visit the WISP office to get a new sticker.
- The payment deadline of the tuition fee is 1 September. The details are available in the payment section.
- If your contact details (home or correspondence address, phone number etc.) have changed, do not forget to send them to the WISP office for updating in usos.
OFFERS & EVENTS:
- “Chiara e Giuseppe Feltrinelli” International courses of italian language and culture. Information about the course is available here. The Italian language and culture summer school will be held in the amazing location on Palazzo Feltrinelli in Gargano (Brescia), directly on Lake of Garda. The call for participation will close on 16.04.2023 at 12.00.
- All foreign students are entitled to learn Polish language at Polonicum. The offer includes language classes and courses in Polish culture and history. You can register for courses on the USOS Token Registration. Learn more about Polonicum on their website.
- Career Planning Workshop for International BA and MA Students on 22nd March, 2023 from 9 am to 4 pm.
- The swimming pool at the University of Warsaw provides a free entrance for students during the winter examination session and inter-semester break. Details here
- Workshop in English: “Let’s Dog Talk!” at the Volunteer Centre of the University of Warsaw! More info here
- 4EU+ Shared Courses: Summer Semester 2023. For more details look here
- The Volunteer Centre of the University of Warsaw invites foreign students to present interesting facts about their cultures. Next meeting will take place on November 30th and will be devoted to the history and evolution of Romanian comics. More info here
- Mobility of students – mobility, 1st call, end date of the call for applications: 15.11.2022. More details here
- Sorbonne University opens some of its online courses in the spring semester 2022/2023. More info here
- Welcome Month for newcomers at the UW. Welcome Point offers a series of events to help new international students to familiarise with the academic environment of the UW. More info here
- Onboarding to the UW: the ultimate UW STARTER KIT, look for the details
- Become the face of the UW! Welcome Point is looking for students interested in taking part in photo shoot on location at the UW premises. More details here
- IPLC – Intensive Polish Language Course for UW students 2022! More info here
- The Faculty of Psychology Day will be held on Wednesday, June 8th. More informtaion is available here
- Advanced IT tools and communication methods in (not only) scientific work – summer school in English. Dates: 27 June – 8 July 2022. More details here
- The University of Warsaw Library invites students and PhD candidates to 2 training sessions online. One deals with electronic resources, the other with the Mendeley bibliography management tool. Both will take place on April 14th. More details here
- The Faculty of Psychology is launching the Research Panel, which is a new opportunity to obtain ECTS as part of student internships. For now, the offer is addressed only to Polish-speaking students. More details are available here